Thursday, July 31, 2014

Main Takeaways from ENC 1102


  • In contrast to what I said in my 2nd blog post, I now believe that rhetorical analysis is a skill that needs to be refined and refreshed regularly, regardless of your profession or what type of writing you will be doing in the future.
  • It seemed like after 8th grade, the amount of learning that could be done in an English class plateaus. I now realize how little I know about the subject and how much room there is for growth in my writing.
  • From now on, when a teacher assigns a 1000-word paper, my thought will be, "Is that all?"
  • Utilizing different genres as opposed to writing only essays and research papers can be refreshing.
  • Although I may never write in an ENC 1102-esque way again, I'm confident that the skills I've acquired will transfer to other genres.
  • I think that I am better at distinguishing weak arguments from strong ones than I was 6 weeks ago.
  • MOST NOTABLY: Writing is only boring if you choose to make it boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment